Backburner is the perfect theme to wrap around all your Tumblr content!
With a fresh install of Backburner you’ll have access to three custom styles, lots of customization options, support for virtually every Tumblr feature, and upcoming releases planned address user feedback and incorporate new features.
Three Unique Styles
Version 1.0 of Backburner comes with three theme styles that can be selected through the Appearance menu in Customize.
- Ash Style - Light version with dark desaturated blues contrasted with vivid blues
- Charcoal Style - Dark version with rich reds and light yellows
- Royal Style - Dark purple with rich reds and light blue. Based on the custom theme on http://jonathanmoore.com
Additionally Backburner was designed in a way that it will make it easy for you to customize your own style and apply with the Custom CSS field.
With Backburner you’ll find support for every type of Tumblr post including Answers, Group Blogs, Pages, Liked Posts, and third-party Disqus support. Over time as Tumblr integrates new features you will see them added to Backburner in future releases—free to anyone who has already purchased Backburner.
Notice all the custom fonts in this preview of Backburner? The theme uses Cufon to display custom fonts for the headers, post titles, text section titles, quotes, and many others. There are two ways to enable the custom fonts in your posts.
- Simply bold the first line in the caption or post body, and Backburner will do the work behind the scenes to add in the custom font.
- Use Tumblr’s HTML editor to define H2 tags in caption text and H3 tags in Text post content. Although this is more work there are some SEO advantages to having H2/H3 tags in your content.
Once you are inside the Customize screen and select Appearance you will be able to control, modify and tweak Backburner customization options. Below is a list of highlighted options, but for full details view the customization page.
- Set the theme style
- Move the blog title to the sidebar
- Move the header navigation to the sidebar
- Show group blog contributors in the sidebar and author below each post
- Show reblog details below each post
- Add sidebar “social” links
Continue reading to see an extended list of theme features.
Extended List of Features
- Three theme styles
- Customize the Tumblr title and navigation placement
- Group blog support
- Pages support
- Submit content and Ask support
- All post types support
- Disqus support
- Google Analytics support
- Custom typography
- Smart conversion of bolded content to post titles
- "Better Embeds" for Vimeo and YouTube
- Sidebar links
- Twitter updates in the sidebar
- Liked posts
- Ability to create custom styles with Custom CSS field
- Theme optimized for search engines (SEO)
- Future releases planned